What is Educater SEND?
Educater’s SEND tool is an innovative approach to creating and managing the EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan) process as well as dramatically reducing the administrative burden for your SENCos and educational staff.
It has been recognised that information sharing between education, health and care professionals is a significant concern and in addition to the statutory requirements already in place, there needs to be a culture change. Access to our SEND software can help you to bring these professionals together through the same online platform.
The aim of the SEND software is to help create person-centred approaches with a strong emphasis on positive engagement with children and their families. In order to do this, SEND can incorporate any Local Authority’s EHCP and make it electronic. This means that the EHCP is active and can be accessed any time, from anywhere.
How can Educater SEND benefit you?
- Improves communication between professionals and families – SEND will help to improve communication between professionals and families and brings together education, health and care teams through an online platform.
- Manages your time and workload with a few clicks – SEND is also a great way for educational staff to learn about their pupils’ needs and helps towards making every teacher, a teacher of every need. SEND breaks everything into simple, manageable chunks.
- Brings together education, health and care teams – SEND can provide a central focal point for your school and outside agencies to contribute towards the EHCP process and ensure that the outcome is positive for the individual who is placed at the centre of the plan.
- Helping to meet the reduced 20-week statutory time-frame – By providing better management of the EHCP process, our SEND software provides a quicker turnaround and ultimately support actions for pupils resulting in a more effective learning.
- Creates a new, transfer to and review an EHC Plan from within Educater across multiple Local Authorities, as well as IEPs (Individual Education Plan) or your equivalent.
- Pre-populates with information already held in schools’ MIS systems, such as SIMS, RM Integris and Facility CMIS etc.
- Creates personalised and specific correspondence to those with parental responsibility.
- Automatically distributes questions internally for educational staff input.
- Alerts for outstanding responses.
- Requests input from Health Care and Social Care.
- Prepare meeting packs.
- Save and submit to local authorities.