We view a complaint as an expression of unhappiness about our company, our staff, our partners, our service or products. We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards and service.
A complaint can be received by phone, by email or in writing using the contact details in the section ‘How to Contact Us’. You can download and email us directly the feedback form at this stage if you wish - Feedback Form
Our Complaints Policy aims to:
- Provide a complaints procedure which is easy and clear to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- Make public via our website, the existence of our complaints procedure so that customers know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- Make sure the team at Educater know what to do if a complaint is made.
- Make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- Make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that our relationship with you is repaired.
- Review information to help us to improve what we do.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, informing only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
The person in our team that receives an email/written/phone or in person complaint should:
- Record the facts of the complaint.
- Take the complainant's name, address, organisation and contact details.
- Note down the relationship of the complainant to Educater.
- Refer the complainant to our complaints procedure.
- Send to the complainant Educater’s feedback form.
- Tell the complainant what will happen next and how long it will take.
What will Happen Next?
- The complaint will be acknowledged and will be logged with our Customer Services Team within three working days. An acknowledgement will confirm who is dealing with the complaint and when the complainant can expect a reply. A copy of the complaint’s procedure will be attached.
- In the majority of cases, a complaint is best resolved by our Customer Services Team. If the complaint has been received by that team, they will try to do so if possible and appropriate. If it has not already been resolved, an appropriate person will investigate and take appropriate action within 30 days.
- We may ask the member of staff who dealt with the complainant to reply to the complaint, but it may also be another member of the Customer Services Team. This will be done within five days of the end of our investigation. This will include suggestions for resolving the matter.
- Each complaint will be treated in confidence as far as possible.
Escalation Process - Phase Two
If the complainant feels that the issue has not been satisfactorily resolved at Stage One, they can request that the complaint is reviewed via our Customer Services team or by directly contacting a Director using the contact details. At this stage, the complaint details will be passed on to a Director.
The request for review will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt. The acknowledgement will confirm who will deal with the case and when the complainant can expect a reply.
The Director may investigate the facts of the case themselves or delegate a suitably senior person to do so. This may involve reviewing the case and speaking with the person or persons who dealt with the complaint at Stage One.
If the complaint relates to a specific person rather than a product or services, they will be informed and given a further opportunity to respond. Stage Two complaints will receive a definitive reply within 10 working days. If this is not possible because, for example, the review has not been fully completed, a progress update will be sent with an indication of when a full reply will be given.
The decision taken at this stage is final.
Continuous Improvement – Phase Three
We monitor and review the effectiveness of our complaints process to ensure that this continuously improves and that we learn from dealing with any complaints.
This policy does not cover complaints from staff who should review the Grievance Policy in the Staff Handbook. Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the HR Manager.
Complaints are reviewed from time to time to identify any trends which may indicate a need to take further action.
How to Contact Us
You can contact us using the following ways;
By Email to:
By Mail to:
Unit 26 Priory Tec Park, Saxon Way, Priory Park West, Hessle, HU13 9PB
0300 012 0001